The Content Protection and Syndication Working Group has the following Roles and responsibilities.
- Provides recommendations on InterStream technical standards for protecting content in S-ISTP
- Establishes key escrow and certification standards for PKI as it relates to S-ISTP
- Responsible for architecture and security model for hardened playback systems
- Recommends standards to IOB for PKI, S-ISTP, and consumer electronics security
- Establishes rules for operation of the Takedown Clearinghouse under the authority of the IOB for PKI.