Technology and Standards
There are specific technical milestones that will be met during each of the phases of the pilot prior to starting the next phase. These are as follows:
Phase I Technical Objectives
- Demonstrate stream blocking probabilities for InterStream TCP and ISTP below threshold set by InterStream Oversight Board for phase I of the pilot.
- Determine unmediated bottleneck characteristics and associated stream blocking probabilities for different characteristic bottlenecks.
- Complete objective model for broadband capacity metrics that will be finalized in the implementation of the secure mediation control system.
Phase II Technical Objectives
- Integrate Secure Mediation Controllers into "live" broadband edge services router bottlenecks on ISP networks
- Deploy commercial grade SMC-integrated edge services routers to ISPs
- Finalize objective measurement model for SMC control system. This "new measure" will be used as a basis for broadband capacity metrics and the media grid's mediation policies.
Phase III Technical Objectives
- Identify and deploy secure ISTP peering technology to identify trusted paths across the Internet.
- Deliver integrated Secure ISTP hardware playback device to consumer electronics manufacturer with embedded Tri-Touch Remote support.
- Certify intermediate Media Grid Engines at Internet Exchange Points and other locations to act as trusted devices in the secure ISTP system.